Haaaay! So let’s discuss Christmas cookie recipes. It wouldn’t be a correct Christmas and not using a peppermint cookie. With chocolate. And white chocolate. So Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies it’s then.
I stumbled onto this base chocolate cookie recipe on a whim in faculty. I simply kind of guessed the quantities and ended up with essentially the most chewy, fudgy, scrumptious chocolate cookie ever. It’s wealthy in chocolate taste and the proper base for tons and tons of white chocolate chips.
I child you not I ate 1 of those cookies (generally 2) per day till they have been gone. So…. yeah.
Easy methods to make double chocolate peppermint cookies
To make the superbly fluffy chocolate cookie, it’s essential to give the butter and sugar heaps of time to whip collectively. The butter and sugar ought to flip barely pale in shade and will look barely whipped by the point you’re completed mixing them collectively. If you happen to’re mixing the components by hand, it will take a great 5 minutes! Simply consider it as your higher physique exercise of the day, and the time will fly by.
When you’ve correctly whipped collectively the butter and sugar, you possibly can add within the egg and peppermint extract. Do NOT below any circumstances add extra peppermint extract than this recipe requires. You’ll be able to completely add in additional chocolate chips and mix-ins should you’d like, however should you add in additional extract your cookies run the chance of tasting like mouthwash (um, gross).
When you’ve combined within the dry components, you possibly can portion out the dough and roll it into balls. That’s proper, this chocolate peppermint cookie recipe requires no chilling! You’re welcome.
To make the white chocolate coating for these peppermint cookies, you’ll want to mix melted white chocolate with a little bit little bit of coconut oil. The coconut oil prevents the white chocolate from absolutely hardening and retains these cookies good and fluffy. If you happen to’re feeling further festive (I do know you might be!), sprinkle some crushed peppermint candies onto the white chocolate earlier than it hardens. It’s a small contact, but it surely appears to be like spectacular!
Chewy Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies dipped in white chocolate and coated in peppermint candies. So good for the vacations!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup mild brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup Duth processed cocoa powder
- 1 cup all goal flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
for the white chocolate dip
- 7 oz top quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar collectively till the combination turns into mild and ethereal (with a KitchenAid, about 2 minutes. with a handbook whisk, about 5 minutes). Add within the egg and peppermint extract.
- In one other bowl, sift collectively the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Subsequent, add the dry components into the butter combination, stirring till simply mixed. Gently fold within the white chocolate chips, being cautious to not overmix the dough.
- Scoop roughly 1½ inch spheres of dough onto a cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches of house in between every ball of dough. Bake for 10-12 minutes, being positive to control the consistency of the baking cookies. Enable to return to room temperature on a cooling rack.
- To make the white chocolate, place chopped white chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler and stir gently till melted. Dip every cookie into the white chocolate, sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies, then place again on cooling rack till the chocolate hardens.
Extra peppermint desserts from Broma Bakery:
Peppermint Crinkle Cookies
Vegan Peppermint Fudge Ripple Ice Cream
Peppermint Bark Brownies
Mint Chocolate-Coated Oreos
The Final Peppermint Sizzling Chocolate